Call for entries opens December 6, 2017
This spring, we present our first Members Show (April 27-June 10, 2018), a non-juried exhibition of art in all media. Open to submissions from all Heights Arts members, as well as non-members who choose to join at the time of entry, the show will accept the first 32 submissions received that meet exhibition criteria.
The show is an outgrowth of the Heights Arts mission to support the community by providing a variety of opportunities for artists and art audiences to discover each other. While the exhibition will not be juried, Heights Arts reserves the right not to display works that may be inappropriate, unsafe, or that are not delivered in presentation-ready condition. Confirmed exhibition entry receipts are issued at the time of submission.MEMBERS SHOW online entry form
- One work per artist.
- Work must be no larger than 16 x 20 inches or 320 square inches (2D) or 12 x 12 x 18 inches (3D).
- Work must have been completed within the year prior to the exhibition, and not previously exhibited at Heights Arts.
- Applications are accepted beginning Wednesday, December 6. Artists must complete all required fields and include one image of the work of art. $5 entry fee.
- Print out the completed submission form receipt for attachment to the work of art. Artists who are not Heights Arts members may submit, but must become members at the same time (starting at Working Artist level, ($30 prior to January 1, 2018 and $35 after that date).
- A maximum of 32 works of art will be included in the exhibition.
- Works must be dropped off Sunday, April 22 or Monday, April 23, 2018 during regular gallery hours.
- Works must be delivered in presentation-ready condition: 2-dimensional images are securely framed and wired and with all necessary hardware included; and 3-dimensional works stand on their own with included hardware or display fixtures. Works that do not meet this standard cannot be in the show.
- Affix the printed submission form receipt to the back of the work of art or other appropriate point of attachment.
- Works will be sold according to the standard Heights Arts commission, with 60% of the price going to the artist and 40% to Heights Arts.
- Sold works remain on view through the run of the exhibition and may be picked up by purchasers between June 10 and June 17.
- Unsold works should be picked up by June 17, 2018.
- Any works not picked up by July 17 become the property of Heights Arts.