Exhibition Community Team
The Heights Arts Exhibition Community Team (ECT) is meant to engage the resources of the surrounding community to provide expertise and ensure that Height Arts’ visual arts programming is of the highest quality, is relevant, and reflects our community.
Up to ten members and two interns with a range of skills, expertise and diversity in all visual, media, and plastic arts disciplines. General skills and expertise should include:
- General knowledge of and interest in art.
- Special expertise in particular media and/or familiarity with specific artistic communities in the region.
- Able to critically evaluate work and articulate the reasoning behind the evaluation.
- Physically able to assist in exhibition installation.
Duties and Expectations
The duties of Exhibition Community Team Members are as follows:
- Attend at least 4 of the 6 bi-monthly planning meetings and at least 4 Group Exhibition installations.
- Attend and be prepared to assist at least 3 group and 3 Spotlight openings each year.
- Work with staff to develop the theme(s) and/or strategies for an annual suite of Heights Arts’ exhibitions.
- As a group, research, plan, curate and install 5 Heights Arts Group Exhibitions each year, and assist High School interns with an annual exhibition and the Store with the annual Holiday Store installation.
- As an individual, research, plan and curate at least one individual Spotlight exhibition within a two-year period and coordinate the installation for these exhibitions.
- Assist staff with managing communication with artists including securing biographical and process information and signed contracts.
- Assist in the evaluation of Visual Arts programming.
- Assist staff as may be needed with other Visual Art program opportunities, including Public Art.
- Help promote upcoming events through social media, email or other means.
Exhibition Community Team Members will receive a complimentary membership to Heights Arts and be recognized for their service on the website and at yearly volunteer appreciation events.
Click here to learn more about how Heights Arts Community Teams contribute to our vibrant programming.
Click Here to apply to the Exhibition Community Team.