Exhibition Community Team
The Heights Arts Exhibition Community Team (ECT) is meant to engage the resources of the surrounding community to provide expertise and ensure that Height Arts’ visual arts programming is of the highest quality, is relevant, and reflects our community.
Up to ten members and two interns with a range of skills, expertise and diversity in all visual, media, and plastic arts disciplines. General skills and expertise should include:
- General knowledge of and interest in art.
- Special expertise in particular media and/or familiarity with specific artistic communities in the region.
- Able to critically evaluate work and articulate the reasoning behind the evaluation.
- Physically able to assist in exhibition installation.
Community team members are essential to the success and quality of Heights Arts programming. To keep the team running at its best capacity, team members should commit to the following:
Duties and Expectations
The duties of Exhibition Community Team Members are as follows:
- Attend at least four (4) of the six (6) bi-monthly planning meetings and at least four (4) Group Exhibition installations.
- Attend and be prepared to assist at least three (3) group and three (3) Spotlight openings each year.
- Work with staff to develop the theme(s) and/or strategies for an annual suite of Heights Arts’ exhibitions.
- As a group, research, plan, curate and install five (5) Heights Arts Group Exhibitions each year, and assist High School interns with an annual exhibition and the Store with the annual Holiday Store installation.
- As an individual, research, plan and curate at least one individual Spotlight exhibition within a two-year period and coordinate the installation for this exhibition.
- Assist staff with managing communication with artists including securing biographical and process information and signed contracts.
- Assist in the evaluation of Visual Arts programming.
- Assist staff as may be needed with other Visual Art program opportunities, including Public Art.
- Help promote upcoming events through social media, email or other means.
- To ensure that ECT members are informed about the strategic and programmatic priorities of Heights Arts in contributing their expertise, the following is strongly encouraged:
- attendance at Heights Arts’ All-Organization meeting in February
- attendance at the annual volunteer appreciation event at the end of each fiscal year to share team accomplishments
Exhibition Community Team Members receive a complimentary membership to Heights Arts and be recognized for their service on the website and at yearly volunteer appreciation events.
Click here to learn more about how Heights Arts Community Teams contribute to our vibrant programming.Apply HERE