Heights Writes Community Team
The Heights Writes Community Team (HWCT) is meant to engage the resources of the surrounding community to provide expertise and ensure the Height Arts’ literary programming is relevant and reflects our community.
The Heights Writes Community Team is composed of the following:
- Up to eight members with at least 50% of the Community Team having expertise in the literary discipline of poetry.
- The current Poet Laureate will serve on the Team during his/her tenure, with an option to serve an additional two years.
Duties and Expectations
The duties of Heights Writes Community Team Members are as follows:
- Attend at least 4 meetings each fiscal year and candidate interviews as scheduled.
- Participate in programming activities including Ekphrastacy and the Haiku Death Match.
- Attend and be prepared to assist at a minimum of 3 Heights Arts poetry events each year.
- Serve as jury for the bi-annual selection of Heights Arts’ Poet Laureate.
- Serve as Selection Committee for the Haiku Death Match and Ekphrastacy candidates.
- Assist in evaluating the quality and effectiveness of Literary programs.
- Assist as needed with other Literary program opportunities that may arise.
- Assist staff occasionally with writing requests for publicity and articles or blogs about Heights Arts programs.
- Help promote upcoming events through social media, email or other means.
Heights Writes Community Team Members will receive a complimentary membership to Heights Arts and be recognized for their service on the website and at yearly volunteer appreciation events.
Click here to learn more about how Heights Arts Community Teams contribute to our vibrant programming.Apply HERE