Rolling Open Call for Musicians
If you are professional ensemble of any genre in Northeast Ohio, we welcome your application to perform in the Heights Arts Gallery Concert or ARTbar series.
ARTbar is a ticketed series that mixes a special menu of music, (and sometimes poetry), and ARTinis, where attendees can enjoy an evening of celebrated dynamic performers and curated cocktails.
- Performers will be asked to present a 90 minute program of two sets of 45 minutes with a short intermission between sets.
- ARTbar performances may also include poetry readings in intervals between pieces. Performers must be wiling to share the stage to create this unique experience.
- ARTbar is a ticketed event, featuring club seating of high and low two-top tables for up to 40 people. Drinks and light snacks are served before and during the performance.
About Gallery Concerts
Gallery concerts provide paid opportunities for local musicians of diverse musical genres to perform in a unique setting. All performances are free to the public.
- Applicants must provide us with proposed program with a duration of no less than 60 and no more than 90 minutes. Depending upon the length and type of music, we will determine whether there will be an intermission.
- Gallery concerts feature audience seating of between 40 and 50 people (depending on the space configuration when the performance takes place) with drinks being served only before the concert and at intermission, (if applicable) based on the type of performance.
- Groups must be between two and six musicians.
- Acoustic performances work best in our space.
- Heights Arts will pay $200 per musician up to $500 per group. Audiences are 40 people max .
- We welcome musicians to bring CD’s or other promotional items for sale before or after the performance, using their own sales platform. Heights Arts does not take a commission for these sales.
- Performers must agree to help promote their upcoming concert to their contacts and fans to help in attracting audience members.
- All performances are on Thursdays at 7:00 pm
- Applicants can indicate a preference for which series (ARTbar or Gallery Concert Series) for which they want to be considered. Giving a preference will not preclude aplicants from being considered for both series.
- Groups may only perform in one series or the other, not both.
- Applications are reviewed monthly by our volunteer Music Community Team (MCT) in alignment with Heights Arts’ mission to connect local community with diverse arts programs and quality events. Some, but not necessarily all MCT considerations include:
- Whether the applicant has performed at Heights Arts previously and if so, how recently
- A diverse selection of types of music throughout the series
- Quality of the submission
- IMPORTANT: the Team cannot evaluate your submission if you do not provide links / examples of your music.
- Application Deadline: Applications can be submitted at any time. The deadline for the 2023-2024 season is September 30, 2023. Applications received after that date will be considered for the following season.