Music Community Team
The Music Community Team (MCT) is meant to engage the resources of the surrounding community to provide expertise and ensure the Height Arts’ music programming is relevant and reflects our community.
The Music Community Team is composed of the following:
- Up to eight (8) members with at least 50% of the Community Team having expertise in music performance and outreach.
Community team members are essential to the success and quality of Heights Arts programming. To keep the team running at its best capacity, team members should commit to the following:
Duties and Expectations
The duties of the Music Community Team Members are as follows:
- Attend at least six (6) of the twelve (12) monthly meetings each fiscal year and participate in music programming.
- Attend and be prepared to assist at a minimum of three (3) music events per year.
- Serve as jury to select submitted proposals from local groups for an upcoming season.
- Assist in identifying performers or groups and encourage proposal submissions.
- Assist in evaluating the quality and effectiveness of Heights Arts music programs.
- Assist as may be needed with other music program opportunities that may arise.
- Assist staff occasionally with writing requests for publicity and articles about Heights Arts music programs.
- Help promote upcoming events through social media, email or other means.
- To ensure that MCT members are informed about the strategic and programmatic priorities of Heights Arts in contributing their expertise, the following is strongly encouraged:
- attendance at Heights Arts’ All-Organization meeting in February
- attendance at the annual volunteer appreciation event at the end of each fiscal year to share team accomplishments
Music Community Team members receive a complimentary membership to Heights Arts and be recognized for their service on the website, event programs, and at yearly volunteer appreciation events.
Click here to learn more about how Heights Arts Community Teams contribute to our vibrant programming.Apply HERE