When the Heights supports the Heights, everyone wins!
CLICK HERE to see our Press Release
CLICK HERE for our Participating Business Information Sheet
CLICK HERE to upload your logo and image files
Business sign-ups for 2023 are now closed! Check back next year! SIGN YOUR BUSINESS UP to participate in HEART in the Heights
SPONSORS OR BUSINESS IN-KIND DONORS
CLICK HERE for more information on sponsor and in-kind opportunities
Here’s how it works in summary:
By signing up, you will engage in a month-long, friendly competition with other small businesses, each with a goal to raise $500 for the arts during the month of July. You will provide a raffle item or service with a value of $50 or more, and will be included on a fundraising page, which Heights Arts will create for you. Raffle purchases are donations to Heights Arts. Your customers will be able to purchase raffle entries on our website or through their phones using a QR code leading to your fundraising page.
We will include your business in our promotions and mailings to approximately 13,000 residents, so people can donate from anywhere in support of your business and the arts.
So, are you in? We hope so!
“As a small local business owner for 30 years, I know of the great importance of community engagement and collaboration. The Heart in the Heights program is a Win Win-Win for you, the small business, Heights Arts, and hopefully, your ever expanding customer base.” ~Steve Presser, Board Member and former owner of Big Fun
Since our inception, Heights Arts has cultivated a large and loyal following in Cleveland Heights and Greater Cleveland. Our reach includes:
• 4000 email subscribers
• 3000 direct mailing list
• 400 members and donors
• 3500 Facebook followers
• 3000 Instagram followers
• 1200 Twitter followers
Through HEART in the Heights, we can combine our audiences to reach even more people who live in and visit the Heights from the Greater Cleveland area. In turn, we will encourage residents and arts supporters to mutually support you and your business. It’s a win-win proposition!
“Heights Arts is a unique organization bringing beauty and vitality to our beloved Heights. Supporting them equates to more art, music, workshops, and community engagement!”
– Mariah Roj, S’il Vous Play
“We proudly support the Arts and the Artist community and we are thrilled to be participating in such a unique and exciting event. – Jon Forman, Owner
2023 Timeline and Expectations
|Deadline for business participation, logo, photos, etc.|
|May 26||Deadline for participating business to check and approve the page and information|
|June 20 – 30||Residential mailing delivered|
|June 27-30||Distribution of materials to businesses|
|July 1 – 31||HEART in the Heights!|
|August 20||Raffle Winners announced live from Heights Arts|
“I believe that Heights Arts’ commitment to Cleveland Heights and local artists is critical to maintaining and growing the spirited community we live in. I am proud to have a business in the Heights along with so many amazing businesses like Heights Arts.”
~ Bridget Thibeault, Chef/Owner Luna Bakery & Cafe
“Heights Arts has been a staple arts & culture presence in my community for so many years; I believe strongly in the programs and work of the organization.”
~ Bob Sferra, Chef/Owner Sophie la Gourmande
Heights Arts will:
- Promote Online twice weekly or more through our website, eNews and other weekly emails, twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Advertise HEART in the Heights in the Heights Observer and other media.
- Send Direct mail promotion cards listing all participating businesses and link to a HEART in the Heights landing page featuring all participating businesses to approximately 13,000 homes.
- Create an individual or package raffle/fundraising pages (depending on your participation type) for your business.
- Provide promotional materials (posters, rack cards, table tents) to businesses for use on-site. You will have your own QR code and link to your raffle site if participating as an individual business, or a QR code to the package raffle site, if participating as part of a prize package.
Participating Business will:
- Provide a raffle item or item package, service or service package, gift certificate for your business or to another participating business of at least $50 in value.
- Display promo materials prominently and provide information about the program to your customers. QR codes may also be added to receipts with promo information, and we will provide table tents (for restaurants) and rack display cards for all businesses.
- Provide a logo (required) and other (optional) images for your fundraising page.
- Promote the program by adding links on your website, sending emails, posting on social media at least once (and preferably twice) a week for the duration of the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different ways my business can support HEART in the Heights? Yes! Our participant types are listed below
1. As a Raffle Package Business Participant: You can participate in a raffle package with other businesses (must have a retail value of $50+)
2. As an Individual Business Participant: You can participate as an individual business and receive personalized materials for your business alone (must have a retail value of $250.00+)
3. As an Individual AND Package Business Participant: You can participate in BOTH the individual and package raffle by providing two raffle prizes – one at each level.
4. As a Proxy Business Participant: [this option works well for law offices, insurance companies, or other businesses which don’t generally offer gift certificates but still want to participate] Don’t have a brick-and-mortar business or gift certificate to donate from your business? You can still participate by pledging to provide a gift certificate to another participating business for your winners to raffle if you don’t want to provide your own item or service. You are still making a difference and will be promoted as a participating business – something that will provide you with exposure and brand your business as an arts supporter!
Can I participate if I don’t have a raffle item to give? Yes! You can participate two ways:
1. As a business participant: If you don’t have a raffle item or service, you can provide a gift certificate to any of the other participating local businesses. Just tell us the value of the gift certificate you want to provide, and you can purchase it from the business once the winner is chosen. For instance, if you are a law office or insurance agent, etc., you can still promote HEART in the Heights to your clients and provide a gift card to the participating business of their choice in the amount you choose.
2. As a sponsor: You can be a sponsor of the program by contributing at one of six levels – Presenting ($5000 |$7500 Exclusive), Platinum, ($2500| $4000 exclusive), Gold ($1500| $1000 nonprofit), Silver ($500| $300 nonprofit), Business Sponsor $100+ and In-Kind Sponsor ($50+)
How do I promote the program? We will provide promotional content (social media and printed materials for your business) all the materials to make it easy. We simply ask that you share the program details with your customer-facing employees (if applicable) and promote it onsite with your customers.
How do the winners claim their prizes? We will announce the winners live in August and notify them by to claim their prizes at Heights Arts. They will use their confirmation email as proof that they won the raffle item.
What happens if no one claims my raffle item? Heights Arts will make every effort to follow up with winners to claim their raffle items by August 31st. If items remain unclaimed, Heights Arts will either choose an alternate winner, or provide the prize as an incentive during promotions to our members during the following year.