When the Heights supports the Heights, everyone wins!
CLICK HERE to go to our HEART in the Heights public page
CLICK HERE if you have signed up to participate to receive participation details, timeline information, etc
SIGN YOUR BUSINESS UP for HEART in the Heights
CLICK HERE to see a sample of what your fundraising page will look like
CLICK HERE to upload your logo and image files for your fundraising page
CLICK HERE to sponsor HEART in the Heights
Here’s how it works in summary:
By signing up, you will engage in a month-long, friendly competition with other small businesses, each with a goal to raise $1000 for the arts during the month of July. You will provide a raffle item or service with a value of $50.00 or more, and will have your own, unique fundraising page which Heights Arts will create for you. Your customers will be able to purchase raffle tickets through their phones using your unique QR and text code leading to your unique fundraising page at $5.00 per entry, with incentive to give more by getting an extra entry for every $15.00 they contribute.
We will also include your business in our promotions and mailings to approximately 10,000 residents, so people can donate from anywhere in support of your business and the arts. The business that raises the most funds will win a private event in our space on Lee Road for them and their employees.
So, are you in? We hope so!
“As a small local business owner for 30 years, I know of the great importance of community engagement and collaboration.
The Heart in the Heights program is a Win Win-Win for you, the small business, Heights Arts, and hopefully, your ever expanding customer base.”
~Steve Presser, Board Member and former owner of Big Fun
• 4500 email subscribers
• 3000 direct mailing list
• 400 members and donors
• 3500 Facebook followers
• 3000 Instagram followers
• 1200 Twitter followers
Through HEART in the Heights, we can combine our audiences to reach even more people who live in and visit the Heights from the Greater Cleveland area. In turn, we will encourage residents and arts supporters to mutually support you and your business. It’s a win-win proposition!
2022 Timeline and Expectations
|Deadline for business participation, logo, photos, etc.|
|June 3||Deadline for participating business to check and approve the page and information|
|June 20 – 30||Residential mailing delivered|
|June 27-30||Distribution of materials to businesses|
|July 1 – 31||Program|
|Early August||Raffle Winners announced live from Heights Arts (Date and time TBD)|
“I believe that Heights Arts’ commitment to Cleveland Heights and local artists is critical to maintaining and growing the spirited community we live in. I am proud to have a business in the Heights along with so many amazing businesses like Heights Arts.”
~ Bridget Thibeault, Chef/Owner Luna Bakery & Cafe
“Heights Arts has been a staple arts & culture presence in my community for so many years; I believe strongly in the programs and work of the organization.”
~ Bob Sferra, Chef/Owner Sophie la Gourmande
Heights Arts will:
- Promote Online twice weekly or more through our website, eNews and other weekly emails, twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Advertise HEART in the Heights in the Heights Observer and other media.
- Send Direct mail promotion cards listing all participating businesses and link to a HEART in the Heights landing page featuring all participating businesses to approximately 10,000 homes.
- Create a raffle/fundraising page and your own, unique, text-to-give code for your business.
- Provide promotional materials (posters, rack cards, table tents) to businesses for use on-site. You will have your own QR code and link to your raffle site.
Participating Business will:
- *Provide a raffle item or item package, service or service package, gift certificate for your business or to another participating business of at least $50.00 in value.
- Display promo materials prominently and provide information about the program to your customers. QR codes may also be added to receipts with promo information, and we will provide table tents (for restaurants) and rack display cards for all businesses.
- Provide a logo (required) and other (optional) images for your fundraising page.
- Promote the program by adding links on your website, sending emails, posting on social media at least once (and preferably twice) a week for the duration of the program.
* Heights Arts will purchase the offer at $50.00 if a participating business is not able to donate and can raise $150.00 or more in raffle tickets for the campaign.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I participate if I don’t have a raffle item to give? Yes! You can participate two ways:
1. As a business participant: If you don’t have a raffle item or service, you can provide a gift certificate to any of the other participating local businesses. Just tell us the value of the gift certificate you want to provide, and you can purchase it from the business once the winner is chosen. For instance, if you are a law office or insurance agent, etc., you can still promote HEART in the Heights to your clients and provide a gift card to the participating business of their choice in the amount you choose.
2. As a sponsor: You can be a sponsor of the program by contributing at one of four levels – Presenting ($5000), Platinum, ($2500), Gold ($1500/$1000 nonprofit), and Silver ($500/$300 nonprofit) Your business name and logo will appear in all promotional materials, both in print and online.
How do I promote the program? We will provide promotional content (social media and printed materials for your business) all the materials to make it easy. We simply ask that you share the program details with your customer-facing employees (if applicable) and promote it onsite with your customers.
How do the winners claim their prizes? We will announce the winners live in August and notify them by email with your contact information. It will be their responsibility to contact you to claim their prize. They will use their confirmation email as proof that they won the raffle item.
What happens if no one claims my raffle item? If the winner doesn’t claim the raffle item, you can have Heights Arts choose an alternate winner or provide it as an incentive during promotions we make to our members during the following year.